One of the best ways to learn is to study others who have gone before you, and this is certainly true in branding.
There are millions of brands out there, but only a select few are really, truly successful.
Want to see success like they did? Then it’s time to study the masters.
How did they climb their way to the top? What did they do differently? How can you emulate that? Let’s take a look at some of the world’s best brands now:
- Apple – From the beginning, Apple has always set out to differentiate itself. Its products never looked like your typical computer (or phone, for that matter), and the company has always been at the cusp of technology – releasing new and unique products before any other brand got to market. From a visual standpoint, Apple has carried this same “uniqueness” through and through. Its simple, white logo has become iconic, and every product released has the same clean, minimalistic touch that just screams “Apple” the second you look at it.
What can you learn from Apple? That what makes you different makes you special. Call attention to it. Make it your selling point.
- Google – Another tech company, Google has become one of the most successful brands in American history. Though it originally started out as a simple search engine, Google now rules the tech world, releasing products, programs and services that help individuals and businesses alike. Their ever-changing logo has become a symbol of knowledge, and the company has now become one of the most reliable resources of information around. They’ve made themselves virtually invaluable to the economy and U.S. business.
What can you learn from Google? Make yourself a necessity to your customers. Offer them not only products and services, but give them value in return – be a resource for their needs and wants, and you’ll be around for a long time to come.
- Coca-Cola – Coca-Cola is one of the longest-standing brands in America. It’s been around for more than a century, and you know why? They’re tuned in to what their customers want. While sure, they’ve expanded their beverage offerings over the years, they’ve stuck to what their audience demands: delicious-tasting soft drinks and sodas.
What can you learn from Coca-Cola? Stick to what you do best, and do it right. Get to know your customers, and deliver what they want at every turn.
- McDonald’s – Though once a simple burger joint in California, McDonald’s is now one of the biggest brands in the world. They serve millions of customers daily, and boast restaurants in more than 100 countries worldwide. The secret to their success? They deliver value. McDonald’s knows there are better burgers out there – but those are expensive, take too long and aren’t as readily available. McDonald’s acts as the antithesis of all those, offering fast, cheap and easy-to-buy burgers on every corner. Sure, the Big Mac may not be the healthiest or tastiest burger in the world, but when you’re in a hurry or short on cash, it’s the most reliable place to get a solid meal.
What can you learn from McDonald’s? Know what your value is. Do you sell the best part, or the cheapest part? Do you have the best service or the most knowledgeable staff? Hone in on what your customers value most about your brand, and stick to it.
- Amazon – Amazon has taken over the world lately. With its Prime offerings, Pantry Box program and even a drone program that can speed up delivery, the brand has become synonymous with convenience. No longer do customers have to brave malls or stores to buy birthday presents, books or even toilet paper. All it takes is a few clicks, a credit card number and you can have just what you need in hours. Though plenty of brands offer fast shipping and delivery, Amazon makes convenience their main selling point – and it’s a formula that’s helped them become one of the most successful brands in the entire world.
What can you learn from Amazon? Make it easy for your customers to buy from you. Streamline purchasing processes and don’t add a lot of hurdles along the way. The easier and faster they can get what they want, the better.
Want to see success like these brands? Contact the branding experts at Haley Brand Intelligence today. We can help.