It’s not enough to just develop your brand.
If you want your brand to be effective, powerful and, of course, lucrative, you need to really drive it home with your customers.
They should remember it. They should resonate with it. They should feel connected to it.
All this is much easier said than done, though, and many brands aren’t able to accomplish it. They simply shout their brand values into the oblivion, never to see another dollar or loyal customer because of it.
Want to make sure you’re not in this group? It’s time to start ingraining that brand in your customers’ minds today.
How to Insist on Your Branding
Branding is all about insistence – insisting your company is known, recognized and remembered for what it stands for and what it does best.
In general, there are 5 ways to attack insistence. Doing just one will help your branding a little, while doing all 5 will give you the full momentum you need to dominate your market.
Here are the 5 ways to start insisting on your brand today:
- Awareness – There are a few facets of awareness. First, you need to make sure customers are aware that the products and services you sell exist. Second, they need to be aware of your specific brand or line of products. The goal is to be the first (or only) brand they associate with your marketplace. And third, customers need to be aware of where to buy your products and how to do business with you.
- Differentiation – To make your brand the go-to choice in your industry, you need to focus on differentiating it from others in your space. This means literally (different colored logos, websites, product designs, etc.) but also from a consumer benefit standpoint. How does your brand better help the customer than your competitors? Make this known, and you’ll be stealing away business in no time.
- Emotional connection – This one’s a biggie. Once a customer knows your brand and is aware of what you sell, they must also like your brand. They need to feel something for it and have an emotional connection with some facet of your business. Though it seems like an emotional connection would be hard to establish, the web actually makes it quite easy. Interacting with customers on social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook, creating helpful and valuable blogs, and even just delivering killer customer service can all help. In-person and sponsored events can give your efforts a boost too.
- Accessibility – This one’s a no-brainer. For customers to make your brand a part of their life, you have to be accessible. That means having a store location in their area or having an online shop where customers can purchase products from anywhere in the world. There’s no point in having a loyal fan if they can’t do business with you!
- Value – Last but not least, your brand needs to deliver undeniable value to your customers. No matter your price point, they need to feel like they’re getting the better end of the deal – that they’ve come out on top. Focusing on quality assurance, great customer service and fast delivery are great ways to drive home your value, as are well-timed specials and sales. The key is to just know your audience, and give them the benefits they’re looking for every time.
You’ve worked hard to establish a smart, well-positioned brand, so don’t let that go to waste. Drive that branding home with your audience, and really use it to improve your sales and customer base. Want more help doing that? Contact Haley Brand Intelligence today. Our branding experts are here to help.