Midyear is here and it’s time for many brands to step back and evaluate their social media performance for the first half of the year and adjust as needed for the remainder. Facebook, a longtime requirement for most successful brands, has had a year of ups and downs already, causing many to question its value in a brand’s social media portfolio.
Facebook now has over 1.28 billion active users and more than 30 million brands with some sort of a presence on the site. With that many consumers available in one place, Facebook is a marketer’s dream.
Here are a few facts and stats to keep in mind while your brand evaluates and plans for the remainder of 2014.
- More than 19 million of the businesses on Facebook have optimized their Fan Page for mobile. Considering 399 million Facebook users use mobile on a monthly basis, if you want to compete, your brand should do the same.
- Facebook ads now command a 122 percent higher price tag per ad unit than they did just a year ago. Brands spent $2.66 billion on Facebook advertising last quarter, which is an increase from $2.27 billion the previous quarter.
- 829 million people use Facebook on a daily basis, an increase from 802 million last quarter. In comparison, Instagram is only used by 200 million people each month.
- The average Facebook user spends 40 minutes a day on the platform. That’s a lot of opportunity for any brand.
- Facebook users bought $234 million worth of virtual goods and gifts on Facebook over the last quarter.
- Why is it important to consider video on Facebook? Because twice as many people now watch videos on Facebook in their feed compared to just six months ago.
- There are over 1 billion searches performed on Facebook each day. With those kinds of numbers, shouldn’t your brand be part of the search result?
Despite the competitive landscape, Facebook continues to outperform market expectations in both revenue and user engagement, which ensures that it’s still one of the top social media darlings and a must-have for any brand’s online marketing portfolio.
Build a Strong Social Media Brand Presence
With all the competition out there, creating a presence for your brand is not only more important than ever, but ensuring you stand out is now trickier than ever. The Haley Brand Intelligence team knows how to create brand social excitement online. Wherever you want your brand to go online, Haley Brand Intelligence can provide the map to get you there.